Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme:
The Government of West Bengal has launched the Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme for the empowerment of women in the state. Under this scheme, one-time financial assistance of Rs. 25,000 will be given to the economically stressed families at the time of their daughters’ marriages. This article is an overview of the West Bengal Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme and its eligibility, required documents and application procedure.
Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme will be provided once in the form of financial assistance at the time of their marriage. The West Bengal government has made a budgetary allocation of Rs. 1500 crore for this scheme. The Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme grant will help around 6 lakh girls belonging to economically weaker families in the State.
Benefits of Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme:
The following are the benefits of Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme of the West Bengal Government:
• Provide an incentive for preventing child marriage.
• Incentivise parents to educate girl child.
• Girls will get Rs. 25,000/- at the time of her marriage, if she fulfilled all the eligibility requirements and applied for this scheme.
This Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme will apply to any woman in West Bengal who proposes to be married, if her application satisfies the below criteria:
• Applicant girl must be a resident of West Bengal.
• Applicant must be minimum 18 years of age.
• Her prospective groom must be 21 years of age.
• Annual family income of the applicant must not exceed Rs. 1.5 lack.
• No minimum educational qualification is required.
The applicant must attach the following documents/certificates with the completed Rupashree Prakalpa application form:
• Certified copy of birth certificate
• The details of the groom are to be submitted
• Proof of Residence
• Proof of proposed marriage
• Voter ID card and Aadhaar card
• Coloured passport size photographs
• Bank account details