Objective: To improve the quality of life of urban poor by way of organizing the poor women under one umbrella and providing livelihood support to them & urban youth.
1.Social Mobilization & Institutional Development;
2. Capacity Building & Training;
3. Employment through Skills Training & Placement;
4. Self Employment Programme;
5. Support to Urban Street Vendors;
6. Shelter for the Urban Homeless; and Innovative & Special Projects.
Coverage area: 125 Urban Local Bodies of West Bengal.
Activities: Total 681 nos of SHGs involving 8004 urban poor women have been organized through 19 registered Area Level Federation .We are going to organized City Level Federations. Lots of Individual Entrepreneurs and Group Entrepreneurs started their ventures. 202 SHGs have been credit linked through disbursement of `30300000. 99 urban youth have been provided several Skill Development Trainings. There have no Shelter for Urban Homeless under construction or units are functional.