Manabik Pension Scheme is a scheme implemented by West Bengal, to aid the physically challenged financially. West Bengal has made into effect numerous projects to make the life of poor and the destitute better. Among those, Manabik pension scheme for the disabled was a recent add-on to the existing Disability Pension Scheme, 2010 of the state. It was announced in the 2018-19 State budgets and came into effect on April 1, 2018. The monthly pension provided under the Manabik Pension Scheme is Rs.1000 for the eligible applicant.
• The beneficiary should be an Indian citizen and the resident of West Bengal for a minimum of 10 years.
• The person is eligible if the disability percentage is 50% or more.
• The income ceiling of the family should be one Lakh per annum.
• Disabled person who is a recipient of any financial assistance under the State/Central Government schemes is not eligible.
• Address proof
• Disability certificate
• Income proof/certificate from Gram Panchayat
• Medical officer deceleration stating that person to be unfit for any physical work